Home | All about HIOW | Members and Officers | Association meeting dates | Key documents | Links | Election Results | Responses | Best Value Network | Other Useful Information
Back to 1998 Meetings Index | Back to Agenda Page
ASSOCIATION OF HAMPSHIRE AND ISLE OF WIGHT AUTHORITIES
27 March 1998
MEMBERSHIP OF THE ASSOCIATION
Report by the Policy Officer
It is recommended that:-
(1) Portsmouth City Council's decision to become a full member of the Association for 1998/99 be welcomed;
(2) Membership subscriptions for 1998/99 decided at the last meeting, on the basis of £2,400 per unit, be confirmed; and
(3) The Constitution of the Association be amended to enable the Hampshire Fire and Rescue Authority to have right of membership of the Association.
PORTSMOUTH CITY COUNCIL
1. Portsmouth City Council has now decided to take full membership of the Association for the next financial year (the Association's year runs from June 1998 to May 1999 inclusive). It is recommended that the Association welcomes this decision.
2. Portsmouth's decision brings in an extra £4,800 to the Association next year, given the membership subscriptions decided at the last meeting of the Association. This contribution could be used to reduce individual subscriptions by a small amount (£300 for a district council). However, the Chief Executives' Group recommends the sum be retained to build up the Association's reserves. It is therefore recommended that the last meeting's decision to maintain subscriptions at the current year's level be confirmed.
FIRE AND RESCUE AUTHORITY
3. The Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service is now established as a separate legal entity. The Police Authority has right of membership of the Association (though it has not yet exercised that right). It is now recommended that the Constitution of the Association be amended to enable the Hampshire Fire and Rescue Authority to have right of membership.
|Author:||Nick Goulder, Policy Manager|
|TOP OF PAGE|