AND ISLE OF WIGHT
Home | All about HIOW | Members and Staff | Meetings | Key documents | Links | Election Results and Political Control | Representations and Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information
Back to 1998 Meetings Index
Agenda for Association Annual Meeting held on 25 September 1998
For further information on this Agenda, please contact Nick Goulder (tel: 023 8068 8431)
A G E N D A
2 .Minutes of the meeting held on 24 July (paper 2).
3. Integrated Transport
A presentation by Professor Mike McDonald, of the University of Southampton Transport Research Group, introduced by John Ekins OBE, County Surveyor.
PART 1 - ITEMS FOR DECISION
4. Integrated Transport - the role of the Association
Report by Chief Executive, Test Valley Borough Council and Policy Officer (paper 4).
5. Modern Local Government White Paper
Report by Policy Officer (paper 5).
6. The Strategic Defence Review
Report by Chief Executive, Gosport Borough Council (paper 6).
7. European Funding for the Isle of Wight
Report by Director of Development, Isle of Wight Council and Policy Officer (paper 7).
8. Hampshire Economic Partnership - Progress Report
Report by the HEP Economic Strategy Group (paper 8).
9 Economic Statement for the South East - SERF Consultation Draft
Report by Chief Executive, Havant Borough Council and the Policy Officer (paper 9).
10. Hampshire County Structure Plan (Review) 1996-2011 - Protocol for Multi-agency Negotiations on Large Development Sites
Report by the Large Sites Implementation Group of the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Planning Officers' Group (paper 10).
11. Health Improvement Programmes - A Local Authority Perspective
Report by Chief Executive, Eastleigh Borough Council and Health Policy Manager, Eastleigh Borough Council (paper 11).
12. The Association's Accounts for 1997/98
Report by Honorary Treasurer (paper 12).
PART 11 - MATTERS FOR INFORMATION
13. SERF - Regional Chamber Conference 18 September
Report back by Chair.
14. 'Towards a Vision for Urban South Hampshire and the Cities'
Report by Policy Officer (paper 14).
15. Improving Local Governance
Minutes of the Steering Group (paper 15). (Hard copy available on request)
16. Local Government Association Transport Meeting - 29 June 1998
Report back from Councillor Bill Greer, New Forest District Council (paper 16).
17. Early Years Development Partnership (formerly the Under Eights' Steering Group)
Report back from Councillor Mrs Verschoren (paper 17).
18. Appointments to Local Government Association Committees
Report by Policy Officer (paper 18).
19. Date of Next Meeting
To note that the next meeting of the Association will be held on Friday 27 November 1998 at East Hampshire District Council, when the Chairman Designate of the RDA (Allan Willett) and the Regional Director, Government Office for the South East (David Saunders) will attend.
Last update: 04/08/2008