AND ISLE OF WIGHT
Home | All about HIOW | Members and Staff | Meetings | Key documents | Links | Election Results and Political Control | Representations and Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information
Back to 1998 Meetings Index
Agenda for Association Meeting held on 27 March 1998
For further information on this Agenda, please contact Nick Goulder (tel: 023 8068 8431)
A G E N D A
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 30 January (paper 2).
3(a) Public Health - A presentation on Public Health, in the light of the Green Paper, by Judith Curson (Director of Public Health, North and Mid Hampshire Health Authority) and Dr Simon Tanner (Consultant in Public Health, North and Mid Hampshire Health Authority).
3(b) Developing Partnerships between Health and Local Government - background briefing on the White Paper on the NHS and Green Paper on Public Health (paper 3).
PART 1 - ITEMS FOR DECISION
4. The Regional Development Agency (RDA) and the Regional Chamber for the South East (paper 4).
5. SERPLAN: draft regional guidance for 2001-2016 (paper 5).
5.1 Green Paper - Sustainable Development (paper 5.1)
6. Modernising Local Government - Local Democracy, Community Leadership and Better Value (paper 6).
7. Membership of the Association (paper 7).
PART 11 - MATTERS FOR INFORMATION
8. LGA Transport Committee.
Report back by Councillor Bill Greer of New Forest District Council (paper 8).
9. LGA Economic Regeneration Committee.
Report back by Councillor Roger Price, Leader of Fareham Borough Council (paper 9).
10. Date and venue of next meeting.
To note that the Annual Meeting of the Association will be held on Friday 29 May 1998 at the Town Hall, Gosport.
Last update: 00/00/00