AND ISLE OF WIGHT
Home | All about HIOW | Members and Staff | Meetings | Key documents | Links | Election Results and Political Control | Representations and Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information
Back to 1998 Meetings Index
Agenda for Association Meeting held on 29 May 1998
For further information on this Agenda, please contact Nick Goulder (tel: 023 8068 8431)
A G E N D A
1. Appointment of Chairman.
2. Appointment of Vice-Chairman.
3. Apologies for absence.
4. Minutes of the meeting held on 27 March (paper 4).
5. (a) Local Agenda 21.
Presentation by Alan Jones, Chief Executive, Test Valley Borough Council, and Jeff Bishop, Sustainability Consultant.
(b) "Opportunities for Change" - the Association's Response to the Government Consultation on the new National Sustainable Development Strategy (paper 5B) (Hard copy available on request).
PART 1 - ITEMS FOR DECISION
6. Consultation by the South East Regional Forum on the structure of a South East Regional Chamber (paper 6).
7. Government Consultations on Modernising Local Government
(a) Local Government Finance (paper 7A)
(b) A New Ethical Framework (paper 7B)
8. SERPLAN - Draft Regional Guidance 2001-2016 (paper 8).
9. Appointments to Outside Bodies (paper 9).
10. The Association's Action Plan and Review of Work since June 1997 (paper 10).
11. The Association's Budget and Subscriptions for 1998/99 (paper 11).
PART 11 - MATTERS FOR INFORMATION
12. Hampshire County Structure Plan (Review) (paper 12).
13. Crime and Disorder - An Update (paper 13) (hard copy available on request).
14. Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service (paper 14) (hard copy available on request).
15. Hampshire Local Government Pension Scheme (paper 15) (hard copy available on request).
16. LGA Regional Relationships (paper 16).
17. Hampshire Voluntary Housing Society Management Committee
Report back by Councillor David Atwell, Winchester City Council (paper 17).
18.Modernising Local Government - Improving Local Services through Best Value (paper 18).
19. Programme of Meetings 1998/99 (paper 19).
To note that the next meeting of the Association will be held on Friday 24 July 1998 at the County Hall, Isle of Wight.
Last update: 04/08/2008