AND ISLE OF WIGHT
Home | All about HIOW | Members and Staff | Meetings | Key documents | Links | Election Results and Political Control | Representations and Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information
Back to 1998 Meetings Index
Agenda for Association Meeting held on 30 January 1998
For further information on this Agenda, please contact Nick Goulder (tel: 023 8068 8431)
A G E N D A
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 28 November 1997 (paper 2).
3. Community Safety
A presentation on recent Government consultations, proposed legislation, and the development of partnership arrangements for Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, by Peter Robertson, Chief Executive, Hampshire County Council in association with the Chief Executives’ Group.
PART 1 - ITEMS FOR DECISION
4. Preparation of Regional Guidance for the South East (paper 4, prepared by the Chief Executive of Havant Borough Council on behalf of the Chief Executives’ Group). Copy available on request.
5. The RDA Bill and Appointment of Elected Members to the Board of the RDA for the South East Region (paper 5).
6. LGA Regional Relationships - response to LGA consultation (paper 6).
7. Priorities for the Six County Confederation (paper 7).
8. The Association’s Budget 1998/99 (paper 8).
9. Area Cost Adjustment (paper 9).
10. Improving Local Governance - Highways (paper 10) copy available on request.
PART 11 - MATTERS FOR INFORMATION
11. Committee for Rural Hampshire: Communications
to receive a report back from the Association’s representatives - Councillors Mrs Haselden (Test Valley) and Mrs Scriven (Winchester) (paper 11).
12. Report of LGA Leisure and Tourism Committee (January 1997 to 1998)
to receive a report back by Councillor John Coles (New Forest District Council) (paper 12).
13. Principal Hampshire and Isle of Wight Officer Groups 1997 (paper 13).
14. Date and venue of next meeting
To note that the next meeting will be held on Friday 27 March 1998 at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council.
Last update: 04/08/2008