Home | All about HIOW | Members and Officers | Association meeting dates | Key documents | Links | Election Results | Responses | Best Value Network | Other Useful Information
Back to 1999 Meetings Index | Back to Agenda Page
ASSOCIATION OF HAMPSHIRE AND ISLE OF WIGHT LOCAL AUTHORITIES
26 March 1999
Paper by the Policy Manager
1. As background to the debate on Social Exclusion the following give examples of six member authorities' local approaches to this issue:
(1) Basingstoke and Deane - Annex 1
(2) Eastleigh - Annex 2
(3) Gosport - Annex 3
(4) Hampshire County Council - Annex 4
(5) New Forest - Annex 5
(6) Portsmouth - Annex 6
(7) Rushmoor - Annex 7
2. There are a number of recent important background documents which can be referred to, but are not attached:
Promoting Social Justice and Social Inclusion - the local government role - LGA circular 100/99, 16 February 1999 refers.
Disadvantage in Rural Hampshire, 1999 (a report by Community Action Hampshire, Hampshire County Council and Dr Paul Melbourne of Cheltenham and Gloucester College of Higher Education).
Anti-Poverty Strategy, November 1998 (a report by the Isle of Wight Voluntary Sector).
3. The HIOW Chief Executives' Group are now establishing a network for staff involved in leading work on social inclusion in member authorities.
Copies of annexes available on request
|Author:||Nick Goulder, Policy Manager|
|TOP OF PAGE|