AND ISLE OF WIGHT
Home | All about HIOW | Members and Staff | Meetings | Key documents | Links | Election Results and Political Control | Representations and Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information
Back to 1999 Meetings Index
Agenda for Association Annual Meeting held on 4 June 1999
For further information on this Agenda, please contact Nick Goulder (tel: 023 8068 8431)
A G E N D A
3. Appointment of Chair.
4. Appointment of Vice-Chair.
5. The Association's Officers.
Report by Honorary Secretary (paper 5).
6. Minutes of the meeting held on 26 March (paper 6).
7. LGA Economic Regeneration Committee
A presentation by Councillor David Sparks (Dudley MBC), Chair of the LGA Economic Regeneration Committee, on the work of the Committee and plans for the coming year (paper 7).
PART 1 - ITEMS FOR DECISION
8. Review of Local Government Association Member Structures
Report by Policy Manager (paper 8).
9. Health Improvement Programmes
Joint report by HIOW health leads (paper 9).
10. Refugees and Asylum Seekers
Report by Directors of Social Services, Hampshire County Council and Portsmouth City Council (paper 10).
11. Reforming the House of Lords
Report by Policy Manager (paper 11).
12. Annual Report
Report by Policy Manager (paper 12).
13. Action Plan 1999-2001
Report by Policy Manager (paper 13).
14. The Association's Budget and Subscriptions for 1999/2000
Report by Policy Manager (paper 14).
15. Appointments to Outside Bodies
Report by Policy Manager (paper 15).
PART 11 - MATTERS FOR INFORMATION
16. Crime and Disorder and Community Safety
Joint report by Chief Executives of Hampshire County Council, Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council and New Forest District Council (paper 16). Appendices available from Jill Lovelock at Hampshire County Council.
17. SERPLAN Conference held on 20 April 1999
Report-back by Councillor Mrs Baker (Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council) (paper 17).
18. Regional Developments (South East England Regional Assembly, South East England Development Agency)
Oral report by Chair.
19. Hampshire Structure Plan Review - Publication of Modifications
Report by County Planning Officer (paper 19).
20. Programme of Meetings 1999/2000
Report by Honorary Secretary (paper 20).
21. Date of Next Meeting
To note that the next meeting of the Association will be held at 10.00 am on Friday 23 July 1999 at Portsmouth City Council.
Last update: 04/08/2008