AND ISLE OF WIGHT
Home | All about HIOW | Members and Staff | Meetings | Key documents | Links | Election Results and Political Control | Representations and Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information
Back to 1999 Meetings Index
Agenda for Association Meeting held on 26 March 1999
For further information on this Agenda, please contact Nick Goulder (tel: 023 8068 8431)
A G E N D A
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 29 January (paper 2).
3. Social Exclusion
Introduction by Lead Officers:
Andrew Seber, County Education Officer, Hampshire County Council and Alan Jones, Chief Executive, Test Valley Borough Council
Background paper on the work of a sample of member authorities (paper 3).
Note: Our outside speaker for this debate, the Deputy Director of the Cabinet Office Social Exclusion Unit, has had to withdraw. Another speaker is being sought to set out the Government's approach to Social Inclusion.
PART 1 - ITEMS FOR DECISION
4. Shortage of NHS Dentists
Report by Policy Manager (paper 4).
5. South East England Development Agency
Report by the Chief Executive, Hampshire County Council and the Chief Executive, Rushmoor Borough Council (paper 5).
PART 11 - MATTERS FOR INFORMATION
6. Hampshire County Council Conference on Lifelong Learning
Report-back on the major conference held in January by the Director of Arts, Countryside and Community, Hampshire County Council (paper 6).
7. Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership and Plan 1999-2000
Report by Director of Social Services, Hampshire County Council) (paper 7).
8. South East England Regional Assembly and the South East Regional Forum
Report by Chair (paper 8).
9. Hampshire County Structure Plan (Review)
Report by the County Planning Officer, Hampshire County Council and Portsmouth City Planning Officer (paper 9).
10. LGA Leisure and Tourism Committee Regional Meeting, 9 March 1999
Report-back by Director of Arts, Countryside and Community, Hampshire County Council (paper 10).
11. LGA Economic Regeneration Committee, 13 January 1999
Report-back by Councillor Roger Price, Fareham Borough Council (paper 11).
12. LGA Transport Committee, 18 February 1999
Report-back by Councillor Bill Greer, New Forest District Council (paper 12).
13. Date of Next Meeting
To note that the Annual Meeting of the Association will be held at 10.00 am on Friday 4 June 1999 at Fareham Borough Council.
Last update: 04/08/2008