AND ISLE OF WIGHT
Home | All about HIOW | Members and Staff | Meetings | Key documents | Links | Election Results and Political Control | Representations and Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information
Back to 1999 Meetings Index
Agenda for Association Meeting held on 26 November 1999
For further information on this Agenda, please contact Nick Goulder (tel: 023 8068 8431)
A G E N D A
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 24 September (paper 2).
3. Debate on new political management arrangements
Report by the Policy Manager (paper 3).
PART I: ITEMS FOR DECISION
4. Regional Planning Guidance for the South East
Report of the Hampshire and Isle of Wight SERPLAN Co-ordination Group (paper 4).
5. The Strategic Defence Review
Joint report by Hampshire County Council and Gosport Borough Council Chief Executives (paper 5).
6. Implementing the Early Years and Childcare Development Partnership
Report by the Head of Corporate Unit for Early Education and Childcare, Hampshire County Council (paper 6).
7. Central-Local Information Partnership (CLIP) "Quality of Life" Indicators Pilot Project
Report by CLIP Contacts for Eastleigh Borough Council and Portsmouth City Council (paper 7).
8. Telecommunications Transmission Devices - Planning and Health
Reports by the Chief Executive, Hart District Council and the Policy Manager (paper 8).
9. Funding for Flood Defence Activities
Report of the Chief Executive, Hart District Council (paper 9).
10. Programme of Meetings 2001
Report by the Honorary Secretary (paper 10).
PART II: REPORTS BACK/ITEMS FOR INFORMATION
11. Appointment of District Council Representatives
(a) SERPLAN - Hampshire District Representatives - report by the Policy Manager (paper 11A)
(b) Hampshire Buildings Preservation Trust - Appointment of District Council Representatives - report by the Policy Manager (paper 11B)
(c) Hampshire County Council's Families and Children Joint Sub-Committee - appointment of one representative (recommendation 3 of paper 6 of this agenda).
12. Changes in Farming - Practical Solutions
Report-back from the Committee for Rural Hampshire by Councillors Susan Band, Hart District Council and Tony Jackson, Test Valley Borough Council (oral report).
13. South East England Regional Assembly
Report back by the Chair, Councillor Keith House, Eastleigh Borough Council (oral report).
14. Local Government Association (LGA) Executives
(a) HIOW membership on LGA Executives - report by the Policy Manager (paper 14A).
(b) LGA Social Affairs and Health Executive - first Policy Forum held on 26 October 1999 - report-back by Councillor Maureen Robinson, New Forest District Council (paper 14B).
15. Work of the Regional Environment Protection Advisory Committee (REPAC)
Report-back by Councillor Brenda Smith, New Forest District Council (paper 15).
16. Date of Next Meeting
To note that the next meeting of the Association will be held at 10.00 am on Friday 28 January 2000 at New Forest District Council.
Last update: 04/08/2008