Home | All about HIOW | Members and Officers | Association meeting dates | Key documents | Links | Election Results | Responses | Best Value Network | Other Useful Information |
Back to 2000 Meetings Index | Back to Agenda Page
Paper 8 - 24 November 2000 Meeting
ASSOCIATION OF HAMPSHIRE AND ISLE OF WIGHT LOCAL AUTHORITIES
24 November 2000
SEMINAR ON E-GOVERNMENT
Report by the Honorary Secretary _________________________________________________________________________
(1) That the Chief Executives’ Group/Policy Manager be asked to arrange a seminar on e-Government to take place following the next Association meeting on 26 January;
(2) That the seminar be open to the normal Hampshire and Isle of Wight Association attendance plus two from each Member authority; and
(3) That a charge of £25 be made to other attendees.
1. The Government has announced ambitious targets for electronic service delivery in the public sector. The Prime Minister wants to see 25% of services capable of electronic delivery by 2002 and the majority of services capable of electronic delivery by 2005. There is serious concern that resources will not allow these targets to be achieved in local government. Nonetheless each authority is taking steps towards electronic service delivery.
2. The Chief Executives’ Group has identified a need to share experience on this issue and for authorities to work together to make best use of information and communication technology.
To enable these issues to be discussed in an informal setting, it is suggested that a seminar be arranged for Members and Officers following the next Association formal meeting on 26 January.
3. The seminar would aim:-
* to outline Government policy
* to outline responses within Hampshire and the Isle of Wight Authorities, including the work of the Joint Telecoms Group, the Customer Service Development Group, etc.
* to outline experience elsewhere, e.g. Liverpool.direct.
Date 9 November 2000
Contact: Nick Goulder - 023 8068 8431, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
|Author:||Nick Goulder, Policy Manager|
|TOP OF PAGE|