Home | All about HIOW | Members and Officers | Association meeting dates | Key documents | Links | Election Results | Responses | Best Value Network | Other Useful Information
Back to 2000 Meetings Index | Back to Agenda Page
Paper 8 - 29 September 2000 Meeting
ASSOCIATION OF HAMPSHIRE AND ISLE OF WIGHT AUTHORITIES
29 September 2000
MODERNISATION OF THE LICENSING LAWS
Report by the Policy Manager
(1) That the Associationís response, welcoming the Governmentís proposals and making the comments set out in Annex 1 be approved; and
(2) That Member authorities consider the potential impact of the proposals, both individually and through the Community Safety joint arrangements.
1. The Local Government Association sought views on the Home Office White Paper "Time for Reform: Proposals for the Modernisation of Our Licensing Laws" in July. If implemented, the proposals will give significant recognition to local authoritiesí role in community safety generally, and provide for an important strengthening of local authority powers.
2. Annex 2 gives a summary of the proposals.
3. The Associationís meeting in July was cancelled and so the Chief Executivesí Group authorised the attached response on behalf of the Association.
Date: 31 July 2000
Contact: Nick Goulder - 023 8068 8431, E-mail email@example.com
Copy of Annex 2 available on request
|Author:||Nick Goulder, Policy Manager|
|TOP OF PAGE|