Home | All about HIOW | Members and Officers | Association meeting dates | Key documents | Links | Election Results | Responses | Best Value Network | Other Useful Information
Back to 2000 Meetings Index | Back to Agenda Page
Paper 12 - 29 September 2000 Meeting
ASSOCIATION OF HAMPSHIRE AND ISLE OF WIGHT AUTHORITIES 29 September 2000
LOCAL GOVERNMENT REGIONAL FORUM
Report by Policy Manager
That the minutes of the inaugural meeting of the Local Government Regional Forum be noted.
1. The Association received a full report on the Local Government Regional Forum last March, and the Chairman was appointed to attend.
2. Councillor Brian Palmer (Test Valley Borough Council) attended the inaugural meeting of the Forum on 6 June.
3. The Forum has been established to provide a framework for regional local government groupings to meet and determine regional perspectives on national issues affecting local government.
4. For the purposes of the Forum, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight are grouped with the "six counties" (including Kent, Sussex and Surrey).
5. The minutes of the 6 June inaugural meeting are appended.
Date: 12 September 2000
Contact: Nick Goulder - 023 8068 8431 E-mail email@example.com
Copy of Annex available on request
|Author:||Nick Goulder, Policy Manager|
|TOP OF PAGE|