Home | All about HIOW | Members and Officers | Association meeting dates | Key documents | Links | Election Results | Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information |
Back to 2001 Meetings Index | Back to Agenda Page
Paper 10 - 23 March 2001
ASSOCIATION OF HAMPSHIRE AND ISLE OF WIGHT LOCAL AUTHORITIES
23 March 2001
ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE ASSOCIATIONíS ANNUAL MEETING ON 1 JUNE
Report by the Honorary Secretary
That the arrangements for the Annual Meeting be approved.
1. The Association holds its Annual Meeting on 1 June in Havant. It is a requirement of the Constitution that this meeting should consider the Annual Report and budget. This is also an opportunity to consider the Associationís Action Plan. At the same time we have a long standing appointment with Paul Bevan, Director of the Regional Assembly to discuss regional matters with the Association.
COMPARING EXPERIENCE WITH THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 2000 - PROPOSAL FOR AN OPEN FORUM
2. The Chairman and Vice-Chairman have suggested that we arrange an open forum to take place after the "AGM". This would be an opportunity for Members to discuss their experience with new Member structures and implementation of the Local Government Act 2000.
3. This would mean the format for the Annual Meeting would be as follows:-
* Election of Chairman and Vice-Chairman
* Regional Issues - discussion with Director of South East England Regional Assembly
* Open forum - comparing experience with the Local Government Act 2000.
Date: 6 March
Contact: Nick Goulder - 023 8068 8431, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
|Author:||Nick Goulder, Policy Manager|
|TOP OF PAGE|