Home | All about HIOW | Members and Officers | Association meeting dates | Key documents | Links | Election Results | Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information |
Back to 2001 Meetings Index | Back to Agenda Page
Paper 8 - 29 June 2001Meeting
ASSOCIATION OF HAMPSHIRE AND ISLE OF WIGHT LOCAL AUTHORITIES
29 June 2001
THE ASSOCIATIONíS BUDGET AND SUBSCRIPTIONS 2001/2002
Joint report by the Honorary Treasurer and the Policy Manager
(1) That the preliminary budget report for 2000/01 be approved for submission to the Honorary Auditor;
(2) That the budget for 2001/2002 be approved; and
(3) That the subscription unit of £2200 agreed by the Association in January
this year be confirmed.
1. The Associationís main costs are related the employment of one full-time and one part-time member of staff. The budget is met by the payment of "subscription units" by member Authorities. District Councils pay two units, Unitary Councils three units and the County Council pays four units.
2. The Association last considered the budget in January this year and decided to draw on accumulated reserves rather than to increase subscriptions in line with inflation. The subscription unit, set at £2400 in 1997 was reduced to £2200 last year, an overall reduction of 8% since the Association was formed.
3. The preliminary outturn report for 2000/2001 and details of the budget for 2001/2002 are shown in the Annex. (The Associationís financial year runs from June to May, to allow for any changes following the election to influence the Associationís activities).
Date: 14 June 2001
Annex: 1 (copy available on request)
Contact: Nick Goulder - 023 8068 8431, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
|Author:||Nick Goulder, Policy Manager|
|TOP OF PAGE|