Home | All about HIOW | Members and Officers | Association meeting dates | Key documents | Links | Election Results | Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information |
Back to 2001 Meetings Index | Back to Agenda Page
Paper 3 - 26 January 2001
ASSOCIATION OF HAMPSHIRE AND ISLE OF WIGHT LOCAL AUTHORITIES
26 January 2001
LEARNING AND SKILLS COUNCIL FOR HAMPSHIRE AND THE ISLE OF WIGHT
Report by the Policy Manager
That Hilary Chadwick, Executive Director of the Learning and Skills Council for Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, be welcomed to the meeting.
1. The Association discussed the setting-up of the Learning and Skills Council (LSC) last June. Members resolved to recognise the importance of close collaboration between the LSC and local authorities.
2. From April 2001 the LSC takes over the planning and public funding of sixth forms, colleges, adult education and work-based training - up to, but not including, higher education. The LSC replaces the Further Education Funding Council and the Training and Enterprise Councils.
3. The LSC for Hampshire and the Isle of Wight will be one of 47 arms of the national LSC.
4. The LSC for Hampshire and the Isle of Wight will comprise:
* Penny Melville-Brown (Chair), a former Royal Navy Barrister who is currently working with New Deal for Disabled People and the Benefits Agency
* Hilary Chadwick (Executive Director), formerly Operations Director of Hampshire TEC
* Bryan Davies, Board Member of the South East England Development Agency
* Michael Lane, Chairman and Site Director of ExxonMobil Chemical Ltd., Fawley
* Colin Reed, Group Human Resources Manager, Vosper Thorneycroft Ltd, Southampton
* Geoff Glover, Human Resources Manager, Ford Southampton
* Danny Fisher, Managing Director, Yokogawa Marex Ltd, Cowes, Isle of Wight
* Michael Budd, Regional Officer, AEEU
* Dr Roger Brown, Principal, Southampton Institute
* Andrew Seber, Hampshire County Education Officer
* Andrew Lloyd, Chief Executive, Rushmoor Borough Council
* Linda Ovnik, Chief Executive, Island Volunteers, Newport, Isle of Wight
* Simon Defty, Student Liaison Officer, Highbury College, Portsmouth
* Judith Round, Principal, Highbury College, Portsmouth
* Jonathan Cheshire, Chief Executive, Southampton and Forest Head Start.
Date: 12 January 2001
Contact: Nick Goulder - 023 8068 8431, E-mail email@example.com
|Author:||Nick Goulder, Policy Manager|
|TOP OF PAGE|