AND ISLE OF WIGHT
Home | All about HIOW | Members and Staff | Meetings | Key documents | Links | Election Results and Political Control | Representations and Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information
Back to 2001 Meetings Index
Agenda for Association Meeting held on 26 January 2001
For further information on this Agenda, please contact Nick Goulder (tel: 023 8068 8431)
A G E N D A
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 24 November 2000 (paper 2).
3. Learning and Skills Council for Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
Hilary Chadwick, Executive Director of the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Learning and Skills Council, which formally starts its work in April 2001, will speak about the work of the Learning and Skills Council and the need for close working with local authorities (paper 3).
4. Delivering an Urban Renaissance: The Urban White Paper
John Roberts, Head of the DETR Regeneration Unit, will speak about the Urban White Paper. Also in attendance: Councillor Kevin Wilson, Chair of the LGA Urban Commission (paper 4).
5. Committee for Rural Hampshire
Report-back from Councillors Tony Jackson (Test Valley Borough Council) and Susan Band (Hart District Council).
Note A presentation from DETR on the Rural White Paper has been arranged for the next meeting on 23 March.
ITEMS FOR DECISION
6. Review of Funding for Councils of Voluntary Service
Report by the County Treasurer (paper 6).
7. Proposals to Better Protect Children from Potentially Dangerous Offenders
Report by the Head of Chief Executives’ Office, Portsmouth City Council, in conjunction with the Chief Executives’ Group (paper 7).
8. Hampshire Framework for Supporting People
Report by the Policy Manager (paper 8).
9. Draft Revised Regional Planning Guidance for the South East and Consultation on the Proposed Housing Distribution
Report by the Chief Executives’ Group in association with Hampshire and Isle of Wight Planning Officers (paper 9).
10. Subscriptions and Budget for the Association 2001/2002
Report by the Policy Manager (paper 10).
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION
11. The Connexions Service
Report by the Connexions Pilot (paper 11).
12. Social Affairs and Health Executive 28 November 2000
Report-back by Councillor Maureen Robinson (New Forest District Council) (paper 12).
13. E-Government Seminar - details of the Seminar to take place this afternoon
Report by the Policy Manager (paper 13).
14. Date of Next Meeting
To note that the next meeting of the Association will be held at 10.00 am on Friday 23 March 2001 at East Hampshire District Council, Penns Place, Petersfield.
Last update: 04/08/2008