Home | All about HIOW | Members and Officers | Association meeting dates | Key documents | Links | Election Results | Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information |
Back to 2002 Meetings Index | Back to Agenda Page
Paper 9 - 7 June 2002 Meeting
ASSOCIATION OF HAMPSHIRE AND ISLE OF WIGHT LOCAL AUTHORITIES
7 June 2002
THE ASSOCIATIONíS BUDGET AND SUBSCRIPTIONS 2002-2003
Report by the Honorary Treasurer and the Policy Manager
(1) That the budget for 2002/2003 be approved; and
(2) That the subscription unit of £2,250 agreed by the Association in January this year be confirmed.
1. The Associationís main costs are related to the employment of one full-time and one part-time member of staff. The budget is met by the payment of "subscription units" by member Authorities. District Councils pay two units, Unitary Councils three units and the County Council pays four units. The Police Authority and the Hampshire Fire and Rescue Authority are entitled to full membership of the Association at the subscription rate of two units.
2. The Association considered the budget in January this year and decided to continue to draw on accumulated reserves, and also to increase the subscriptions marginally in line with inflation. The subscription unit, set at £2400 in 1997 was reduced to £2200 last year, an overall reduction of 8% since the Association was formed. The small increase this year reflects the fact that the basic running costs have risen in line with inflation generally.
3. The preliminary outturn report for 2001/2002 and details of the budget for 2002/2003 are shown in the Annex. (The Associationís financial year runs from June to May, to allow for any changes following the election to influence the Associationís activities).
Date: 20 May 2002
Annex: 1 (hard copy available on request)
Contact: Nick Goulder - 023 8068 8431, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
|Author:||Nick Goulder, Policy Manager|
|TOP OF PAGE|