Home | All about HIOW | Members and Officers | Association meeting dates | Key documents | Links | Election Results | Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information |
Back to 2002 Meetings Index | Back to Agenda Page
Paper 7 - 25 January 2002 Meeting
ASSOCIATION OF HAMPSHIRE AND ISLE OF WIGHT LOCAL AUTHORITIES
25 January 2002
APPOINTMENTS TO OUTSIDE BODIES
Report by the Policy Manager
(1) That the Association works with the various local authority associations in the South East to ensure fair representation of this area on the Regional Rural Affairs Forum;
(2) That the District Councils be asked to appoint one member to sit on the
Area Sports Board.
1. Appointments to outside bodies are routinely dealt with by the Association at its Annual Meeting (7 June). However, two new bodies are currently being established and this report updates Members.
SOUTH EAST REGION RURAL FORUM
2. This new "regional sounding board" will represent a wide range of rural interests including local authorities. The proposals from the Government Office for the South East seek one Unitary, one County and one District Council representative from across the region.
3. The six local authority associations have been asked to find three such representatives. Provisionally, we have agreed that the Thames Valley Association will appoint a Unitary member; Sussex and HIOW will appoint a District member and Kent/Surrey will appoint a County member.
3. Subject to this template being agreed by the associations, it is proposed that this Association puts forward a District Council Member. The following nomination has been received:
* Councillor Chris Butler, Vice-Chairman of East Hampshire District Council, due to become Chairman in May 2002. Chris is a farmer with a wide knowledge and interest in rural issues.
HAMPSHIRE AND ISLE OF WIGHT AREA SPORTS BOARD
4. This Board has been established to "promote and develop sporting activity in the area". The inaugural meeting will be held at the Tennis Centre in Winchester at 10.00 am on Monday 28 January. This will have a representative from each of the Unitary Authorities and from the County Council.
5. A Member is sought to represent the District Councils.
Date: 14 January 2002
Contact: Nick Goulder - 023 8068 8431, E-mail email@example.com
|Author:||Nick Goulder, Policy Manager|
|TOP OF PAGE|