Home | All about HIOW | Members and Officers | Association meeting dates | Key documents | Links | Election Results | Responses | Officer Networks | Other Useful Information |
Back to 2004 Meetings Index | Back to Agenda Page
Paper 7 - 26 March 2004 Meeting
ASSOCIATION OF HAMPSHIRE AND ISLE OF WIGHT LOCAL AUTHORITIES
26 March 2004
CUSTOMER SERVICE DEVELOPMENT
Report by the Director
That Members consider the work of the Customer Service Development Group.
1. The Chief Executives’ Group has been working on behalf of the Association to develop "front- line" customer service across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. This is part of our work to "join-up" government generally. The purpose of this briefing is to inform Members about progress in this important area of work and to seek support and comments.
2. The "Lead" Chief Executive for customer service is Gwen Andrews (Havant) who will introduce the work of the H/IoW Customer Service Development Group.
3. The Group is currently chaired by Helena Renwick (New Forest District Council). Helena and Karen Edwards (Havant Borough Council) will describe the work of the Group and invite comments.
4. Work with front-line staff on customer service is closely integrated and supported by "Egovernment" infrastructure. The Association set up the Egovernment Partnership Board following a Members’ Seminar at Hart District Council in January 2001. The Board is currently chaired by Peter Robertson (Hampshire County Council).
5. The work of the Association on both Customer Service and Egovernment demonstrates how the fifteen H/IoW authorities are "building capacity" within their existing resources, supplemented by funding streams such as Egovernment.
Date: 9 March 2004
Contact: Nick Goulder - 023 8068 8431, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
|Author:||Nick Goulder, Director|
|TOP OF PAGE|